Hey out there!
Today I would like to give you an overview on upcoming and (free) available webinars for GIS, Web mapping and R.
Webinars are very useful to get new insights into new software and developments. Usually they are held by professionals and developers and after each webinar session you are free to ask questions via a chat window, which makes a webinar an interactive learning experience. Here is a short overview on whats awaiting you in the upcoming weeks:
R by RStudio
- Wednesday, March 9th – Understanding Add-Ins
- Wednesday, March 23rd – Team productivity in the new RStudio Server Pro
CartoDB (Web mapping)
- Thursday, March 3rd – Get started using CartoDB
- Wednesday, March 9th – Learn how to leverage location data for actionable insights with Rilos
- Thursday, March 17th – Use location intelligence to visualize and analyze markets and trends
- Wednesday, March 30th – How to create an insightful visualization by improving the design — Part I
Esri also offers free Webinars on theit homepage for free. The next one is on March 10th on Simplify CAD-GIS Workflows Using ArcGIS for AutoCAD. Feel free to browse through their website to find out more.
Last but not least: A free recording of a QGIS webinar can be found on Youtube. It gives you a brief intoruduction on QGIS and explains the pros and cons compared to other GIS software.
See you soon!